Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

Black and Decker 10-speed Blender Model BLC10650MB

black-and-decker-10-speed-blender-model-blc10650mb photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Fruits are important part of my family's diet because of the nutritional benefits we get from it. Eating the right amount of fresh fruits everyday reduced the risks of chronic diseases but my family doesn't want to eat fruits as much as I do. They always argue that it's hard to eat some fruits because you still need to peel them and it's messy. In short, they don't have the time to wash and peel the fruits but they liked it if I make them a smoothie. In order for my family to get the right amount of fruits daily, and avoid the fruits to rot in the refrigerator I take the effort to make them a smoothie and so I purchased a blender. Most of the blenders I purchased before were not so good. One of them just broke while using it and it was really a mess.
Since my family loves smoothie, I can't afford not to have a blender in my kitchen. Since my last blender was of low quality, I promised myself to get a better blender if not the best, something that will last longer for at least a year. I went to the store and scout for a blender and I decided to buy the Black & Decker 10-speed blender (BLC10650 MB) which I paid for $29.99.
The Black and Decker 10-speed blender has the following specifications: 10-speed setting (stir, aerate, puree, chop, blend, grate, grind, liquefy, smoothie, clean) and pulse for extra power for ice; 475-watt countertop blender, simple push-button controls, cord storage, dishwasher-safe parts, and measures 11 by 7-2/3 by 13 inches.

The blender has a contoured shape glass jar with inscribed measurements (oz, cups, and liter) which makes all the ingredients flow perfectly while blending them and since the measurement is already there, I don't have to use other measuring cups. It has also an attached easy to grip glass handle, so the blender itself is like a pitcher because it has also a lip or spout for easy pouring.

After making the smoothie I just put it on table and my family will just pour the smoothie in their glass.

The only thing I don't like about it is the tight fitting lid which has a removable measuring cup in the middle. While blending I need to hold it down to make sure it won't pop out and my ingredients will not splatter.

Over-all the blender has a good performance I used it not only in making fruit smoothies but also in making different sauce. I chopped vegetables especially when I'm making coleslaw salad. The blade is durable but I need to detach it when washing to remove all the particles.

The best thing about my Black and Decker 10-speed blender is, it lasted me more than a year and it is still working great and it's not too noisy when I'm using it. It is highly recommended for smoothie lovers like me who wants fruits on their daily diet.

By: Marivic Cabural

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews