Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Toro 20333 Recycler Mower

toro-20333-recycler-mower photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

There is no doubt that the price of the Toro Recycler Mower is one of its most attractive features. At about half of the cost of some of the top brand mowers, it is also packed with important features. I have found that the recoil start is every bit as dependable as it is guaranteed to be. In fact, I have had fewer problems starting this mower than I have with the others I have owned, all of which were significantly more expensive. There is also no starter bulb to deal with.

The Toro Recycler is a self-propelled mower which has both a mulching mode and a bag mode that lets me go from one to the other without much effort so I can switch methods according to the area I am mowing. Most of the time, I stick with the mulching option which discharges clippings to the side and it does this extremely well.

The Recycler has a blade brake that lets me pause mowing without having to cut off the motor so I can move the kids' toys out of the way without having to worry with re-starting it. This is a great feature for anyone who tends to have unexpected obstacles in their lawn.

One of the most important features of any lawn mower is its ability to mow crass which is tall or damp, or to effectively mow down tough, weedy areas. The Toro Recycler can handle any of that without getting bogged down or having "grass jams" underneath. The speed of the mower depends on the amount of pressure I apply to the handlebar and stopping is as easy as releasing the bar. It also provides me with the option of cutting off the propulsion if I want to do the pushing.

There are a couple of negatives that I have found. First, it is difficult to back up more than a little because of the guard in the back. This isn't a huge problem for mean since I don't have to stop and go around edges on most of my lawn but for someone who does, it could be very frustrating.

Although I do occasionally switch to the mulching option, I do almost all of my mowing in the side discharge mode because it simply works better. This machine is amazing in tall grass but it falters somewhat in the mulching area. Otherwise, this is a great value for the price.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews