Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Kenmore White 22.7 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

Kenmore is the store brand from Sears. The Kenmore brand usually brings top quality, reliable products. My experience with the Kenmore (Model# 71302) 22.7 cubic foot, freezer bottom refrigerator, the product did not live up to its name. From the outside this is a nice big refrigerator freezer. It looks great in any kitchen. It is overall well designed from an aesthetics standpoint.

This Kenmore is an Energy Star refrigerator. This means it uses at least 20% power then an average one. I love that! The refrigerator is large, with enough room and well placed shelves to handle our needs.

One of the major selling points to us, was the "Spill-Proof" glass shelves. Anything that is spilled inside the refrigerator is contained within the shelf itself. It does not run down to the rest of the unit. This makes cleaning a spill very easy.
What first caught my eye with this refrigerator was the handles. When you look at it from a few feet away, straight on, it looks like the refrigerator is smiling at you. Who wouldn't like a smiling refrigerator as a happy edition to their newly remodeled kitchen.

The large smiling refrigerator was professionally installed for us, because this comes with an ice maker, which we did not have in our older unit. The idea of an ice maker wasn't a selling point to me, I know how to make ice on my own. And it isn't difficult. But getting ice from this thing was very difficult.

Upon delivery the ice maker installed in this Kenmore refrigerator was dead. Due to delivery problems it took over three weeks for us to receive the placement. When the plumber came to install the replacement for us, he informed us we had received the wrong ice maker model. It would not fit into our refrigerator. In the end if took about six week before this ice making refrigerator made a single ice cube.

I was able to make my own ice, with my old ice trays just an hour of so after it was first installed. The refrigerator is fine, but I would skip the ice maker if I was to start over.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews