Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 02:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Fellowes 3229901 Intellishred SB-99Ci Shredder

fellowes-3229901-intellishred-sb-99ci-shredder photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this shredder for my small business. I was fed up with shredders that can only shred a page at a time and start to smoke with effort when more than a single page is inserted.

I was happy I spent a little extra money and got this shredder instead of another cheap one. Because it has a sensor to tell you when its overloaded, it minimizes jams as well as keeping the motor from overheating, which has been a problem I've dealt with in the past. It handles more sheets of paper than other shredders, though mine hasn't worked for the 17 pages it advertises. Mine is more comfortable around 10-12 pages maximum.

It can also shred things really small, so they cannot be scavenged from the trash and put back together. As I own a small business with sensitive documents, this is an important feature. It will shred credit cards and CD's and cardboard file holders.

I also enjoy the fact that the shredder is quite quiet for the amount of power it has. While the blades are still noisy, the motor is so quiet. I can have a conversation with a coworker while shredding documents.

It advertises itself as a "jam free" and this is both true and untrue. While it never technically "jams", the machine will stop running when it senses that it will jam in the very near future. This is fine, because it's easier to take paper out and reload it than to grab the pliers and try to pull it out of the whirring blades. However, "jam free" is not the same thing as "never misfeeds". This stopping/starting things happens. It's not frequent, but it's far from rare.

Other than that, though, I can recommend this product wholeheartedly. It makes running my small business infinitely easier. There has never been anything wrong with it that I couldn't fix myself and it has shredded huge stacks of paper.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews