Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 11:52 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

LG LMV1680 51 Microwave

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We bought this microwave to replace one that broke. We did some research and went with LG because it is a trusted brand, and also we had read positive reviews of this particular model.
This over-the-range microwave is powerful, but not too powerful. The preset cooking modes are quite accurate. For example, we have a baby, and heating up baby food correctly is very important; the "Baby Food" preset is wonderful and I've never had a problem with uneven cooking or scalding baby food. I have also noticed that the "Popcorn" setting is accurate, and this is another plus. There is nothing worse than burnt popcorn or undercooked kernels.
I've also enjoyed using the automatic touch-buttons like "Hot Water" and "Defrost." It may only save a couple of seconds, but those seconds add up over time.
Like I said, it's an over-the-range microwave. It has a fan for venting stovetop smoke and steam, and I often use this function when cooking. It's a very helpful feature to have.
Another feature I really like is the timer. If you are using the microwave oven to cook something, you can still set the timer without stopping the cooking. Then when the microwave is finished cooking, it will beep to let you know, and the timer will still be running. This is a major convenience when cooking several things at once. On our old microwave, you had to stop the cooking or wait until it was done to use the timer function.
I also love the stainless steel look of this microwave. It's easy to keep clean.
The only negative is that I have noticed that the door hinges may be a little flimsy. With repeated use, the door is now a little bit loose. This isn't a problem yet, but it could become one as the years go by.
Overall, I am very happy with this microwave and would buy one again.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews