Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart DCC-2000 Coffee on Demand Coffeemaker

cuisinart-dcc-2000-coffee-on-demand-coffeemaker photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

For a coffee maker that is in the mid-price range but has the quality of all the Cuisinart products, the DCC-2000 had the features that I was looking for. Although the carafe-free design is nothing new, it is still a great feature for those of us who want the flexibility of having coffee available when we want it without worrying about it going stale. It isn't my first Cuisinart coffee maker but it does keep it hot longer. It still produces the same great, bitter-free taste as my older coffee maker. I can wait a long time after my first cup before I have that second one and still get a hot, great-tasting cup of coffee.

The coffee maker makes twelve cups of coffee but that is somewhat misleading since this is based on a 5-ounce cup size. While it is enough for me and my spouse, it isn't going to provide enough coffee for everyone in the office to get that first cup. The coffee maker if fully programmable and it's easy to do. I can set it to brew the day before so I wake up to the great smell of hot coffee in the mornings. It also has an automatic shut off so I don't have to worry about whether I remembered to turn it off.

Although you have to supply your own container to fill the coffee maker with water, there is a water-level indicator so it's easy to see what you're doing. The removable coffee reservoir and drip tray are supposed to make it easy to clean but truthfully, it is almost impossible to get all of the build-up out of it.

The Cuisinart Coffee on Demand DCC-2000 has a lot of great features including the LCD clock, auto start, and I can even adjust the warming time to suit my needs. One of the biggest inconveniences is the inability to fit my travel mug underneath the dispenser so I have to use a regular coffee cup and then pour into the mug.

I don't know how durable the coffee maker is since I just got mine a few months ago and I expect it to last quiet a long time for the price. The price was a little higher than some of the more popular brands of coffee makers but it also offers more features than most of them do. It also makes coffee without the bitter taste that can come from so many other models.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews