Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Bissell 25A3 ProHeat Carpet Steamer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My mother has had a Hoover carpet cleaner for as long as I can remember, but I decided on the Bissell based on my best friend's recommendation. Another reason I chose it was because it heats the water, which can be important when you get interrupted in the middle of a cleaning job.

This wouldn't be considered a commercial duty carpet cleaner, but for the home it seems to work well. I use it maybe once per month and generally clean about half the house during a cleaning session. Most of our carpets are earth tones, but there is one rug in the house that is almost white. I would never pick that as carpet color and it came with the house, but it is in a room that doesn't get used that much.

I figure if you can clean white carpet and get it to look decent, your cleaner must be a good one. Although we haven't had any really bad stains on the white carpet, it does get dirty and after I clean it, the water shows just how dirty it was.

The only problem I've had with the carpet was some stains in the den that would not come out no matter what I tried. It must have been some permanent color of some kind. All the other stains have been easy to clean by pre-treating the area and waiting a bit before running the steamer over it.

The list price on the Bissell is $149.99, and it has proved to be well worth what I paid. If you have an average family and clean as a regular routine, you should get good service out of this carpet steamer. I would have to give it a top rating for its thoroughness and its dependability. My mom, the Hoover fan, even likes it.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews