Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Palm Springs Outdoor 10' x 30' White Party Tent Gazebo Canopy

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I bought the Palm Springs 10' x 30' outdoor tent for a party we were having at our lake house. We didn't have enough room inside to accommodate all our dining guests, and I had no way of knowing if it was going to rain on party day. I looked at this tent and another by a company called Sun. I purchased the Palm Springs tent because it was a little cheaper and a bit larger than the 20' x 12' Sun tent.

It wasn't very hard to put the tent together; two people can handle it very easily. I wasn't overly impressed with the framework, but since I only bought it for a temporary shelter, I didn't see this as a big deal.

As it turned out for the party, the weather was fair so we pulled the sides back and let people flow around the tables easily. The sides have windows of clear plastic so you can see out when they are closed, and the white tent lets in plenty of light when the sun is shining.

The next time we used the tent, things didn't go so well because a storm blew up and I thought the tent was going to collapse around us. We had a difficult time keeping the sides tied when the wind kicked up.

The MSRP on this tent was $299.99, but I got a big discount. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the other tent which had a more substantial framework and a screen to keep out insects. If you buy an outdoor tent, keep in mind that it needs to hold up in stormy weather and it is important for it to be structurally sound.

I wouldn't recommend the Palm Springs tent for anything but events that take place in good weather, and that is not something we can easily predict. This tent will not withstand inclement conditions. I give it a two on a five-point scale due to the flimsy framework and inability to withstand inclement weather.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews