Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Delonghi TRD0715T Safe Heat Oil-Filled Radiator

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Delonghi TRD0715T Safe Heat Oil-Filled Radiator is a great space heater. The adjustable thermostat and power outputs allows for it to heat a room to your level of comfort, regardless of the outside temperature.
I have been using this model for a few months and I have not been disappointed. This radiator has two power output switches: 600 and 900. You can put either one or both of them on. With them both one the unit is basically at full power, giving you a total of 1500 watts of heating power. The Delonghi heater also has a separate thermostat that is adjustable so you can ensure the room is heated to your comfort level. It will automatically shut down when the temperature goes above the thermostat's setting. I have found it takes a little tweaking to get it just right. But it is well worth the effort.
The radiator is oil-filled and permanently sealed. So the heated oil stays safe inside the unit. I have had no problems with leakage. Although, as with any heater, you have to be very careful when it is on. It will get hot enough to cause a burn, and I would believe if it was left against something, it could catch fire.
The feature I love most about this heater is the programmable timer. You can set it to turn on or off at any hour in the day or night. There is also a safety control, if the unit was to tip over it would automatically shut itself completely off.
The heater is on the heavy side, but in my experience all of the oil-filled radiators are. This one weights about 25 lbs. It does come with wheels, so you can roll it from room to room if needed. But the wheels work best on hardwood floors and they do not work that great on carpeting. If you have a think carpet, I would suspect you would need to carry it, to move it around. -Reviewed by ConchRaider

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews