Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Estate by Whirlpool EED4400WQ Dryer

estate-by-whirlpool-eed4400wq-dryer photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I bought this dryer at the same time I bought my washing machine. Both the washer and dryer are sort of a matching set, as they both Estate models from Whirlpool. The unit is basically square-shaped and all white, and matches the washer machine perfectly in design.

This unit does the job I would expect for the price I paid for it, which I must say is actually a pretty good job. Like the washer of the same set, this dryer is supposed to have an extra large capacity, and it definitely lives up to its billing there. I can literally stuff two or three full loads of washed clothes in this thing at a time, turn it to the proper setting, and 40 minutes later everything is good and dry. I also have absolutely no problem drying thick comforters and sleeping bags in this dryer, as there is ample room inside the drying cylinder to fit them.

This dryer has four drying settings: Auto-sense, high and low timed heat, and no heat fluff. Most of the time I use the auto-sense and everything comes out very dry. Once or twice I tried the no heat fluff setting for some delicates, but I didn't have great success with it. The stuff took too long to dry and was still damp after a cycle, so most times I just have to let delicates air-dry, which is a hassle.

There really isn't much not to like about this dryer. I will say that the lint trap fills up faster than any other dryer I have ever seen, and has to be cleaned out almost weekly. The auto sense feature is supposed to know when everything is dry, but sometimes the drying cycle runs long and the clothes come out too hot. This is not a problem most of the time, but if there is shirt or something that I want to put on right out of the dryer, I usually have to wait until that article of clothing cools down.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 36,631 times
im looking to find out what year my washer and dryer are they are Model # ETW4300SQO Serial # CT4121324
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews