Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Vitamix 4500 Food Processor

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Vita-Mix is the mother of all mixers on the market. Its functions go beyond simple blending and pureeing. This heavy duty mixer can liquefy raw vegetables, grind meat, and is just as effective blending 4 oz. as 14. I bought mine for a bargain price of $375 and it was still the most expensive blender I came across. I was reluctant to spend so much money on a blender, especially when there were brands for half the price that made similar claims. But the quality, versatility, and unmatched warranty of the Vita-Mix ultimately inspired me to take the plunge. The structure and design of the machine is second to none. It is made of top quality materials in the USA, and is backed by a 7 year warranty that is unheard of with kitchen appliances. The level of quality is especially noticeable in the blades. After three years of regular abuse, neither the wet blade nor the ice blade has dulled, and both perform as effectively as they did new. Though the manufacturer says components are dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended for extended life. I have washed the lid and container in the dishwasher for the past two years and am regretting it now as a crack is developing in the lid plug. However, unlike with other high end appliances, replacement parts are easy to purchase through the Vita-Mix website, even for vintage models. Because parts for all models are kept in stock, you don't have to worry about your machine becoming obsolete once new models come on the market. If the Vita-Mix experiences any problems due to regular kitchen use within the warranty period, Vita-Mix will repair or replace the machine free of charge. If you have the money to invest in a quality machine that will last a lifetime, consider the Vita-Mix 4500.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews