Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

In-Step Safari Swivel Double Jogging Stroller

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The In-Step Safari swivel double jogging stroller is heaven sent for any active mom on a budget. I gave birth to twins 18 months ago, and wanted to get back into an exercise routine as quickly as possible, but had very little spare cash. So, at a bargain MSRP of $250, I purchased this model.

It arrived flat-packed, but was very easy to put together in about half an hour by my ten-year-old son and I. My first impressions were positive: this jogging stroller looked classy (I chose the brown fabric with turquoise and orange trim) and it was really easy to maneuver. The frame only weighs around 26lbs and even now my twins have a combined weight of 45lbs, I can still push the stroller with one finger!

I love the flexibility of the lockable 12-inch front swivel wheel which I lock for jogging, but use the swivel feature when in confined spaces like stores. I quickly realized that the stroller doesn't work well in swivel-mode when jogging because it starts to judder on any uneven ground. Bumps are not too much of an issue for the babies though because of the 16-inch rear wheels which provide quite a smooth ride when the tires are fully inflated. The large wheels also make it possible to jog on the beach with this stroller and there are two foot-managed parking brakes to prevent it from running away.

The seat construction is sturdy and I specifically chose this model because the seats recline almost flat which makes them safe to use for babies under six months old. The recline feature is a simple one-hand pull-cord which is great to use when babies are sleeping; however, pushing the latch back up on the slip-cord is a bit tougher when the babies get heavier. The padding in the seats is comfortable and easy to remove for washing, as are the pads that cushion the 5-point harness straps.
One of my biggest complaints about this product lies in the construction of the hood/sun-shade: it is too shallow to provide adequate sun protection and because there are no vents in the fabric, it acts like a sail when running into the wind and creates huge amounts of drag.

One of the highlights of this stroller is the one-hand fold-away function with a single, sturdy locking clip. Once folded, the stroller is compact and can be easily lifted into a vehicle. Unfortunately, because of the position of the components once folded, the handlebar and foot rest get unavoidably scuffed on the ground during the process.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews