Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Taylor Made R9 Super TRI Driver N10307

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I started playing golf seriously three years ago, and whenever I make a significant improvement in my game, I reward myself with a new golf accessory. When I hit my first 300yd drive, I was so psyched that I decided to splurge on a new driver.

I had my eye on this Taylor Made driver for a quite a while, as I wanted to see if the adjustable head would help alleviate my slice a bit. I ordered it online, and when it came, I went took it straight to the driving range for a test.

First of all, the club looks and feels awesome. The head is looks like it's made up of some space-aged metal alloy, and the face has a huge 460cc sweet spot. The shaft is like some kind of reddish bronze color, and the grip I got was standard black. I prefer stiff shafts as opposed to the standard flexible ones, and because I had a choice of how much loft the clubface would be when I ordered it, I chose 9.5 degrees. I thought all the newfangled technology and big fancy acronyms attached to the club's name would mean the club would be bulky, but it was surprisingly lightweight in my hands.

Before I could hit any balls, I had to use the included torque wrench to adjust the clubface. Since I am a natural slicer, I unscrewed the shaft bolt with the torque wrench, found the setting that gave me a more "closed" clubface, and screwed it back it. I also had the option of unscrewing three weight bolts in the side, center, and back of the club head to change the weight distribution, but I don't really mess with that.

Once I had the clubface closed like I wanted it, I hit around 30 balls. It took me a while to get used to the feel of it, as my older driver was a Nike SUMO, but I can say that I got about 25 yards longer on my drives. My slice turned into a fade on most drives, and even my misses didn't travel as far left as they used to. I have since only played about four rounds with this driver, but my slice definitely is lot tamer. If money is not an issue, I would highly recommend this club, as all the adjustable face settings and moveable weights can be customized to just about any golfer's unique swing and result in straighter, longer drives as it did for me.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews