Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Westinghouse RJ522V Refrigerator

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have had this fridge for around 4 years and it's still great. We chose this fridge because the price was very good and we didn't use it as the main fridge in the house at that time so the extras like chill timer, which were on upgraded models of this line, were not necessary.

There is a huge amount of space in the fridge. There is no space wasted at all. The door shelves are designed really well and are larger then other ones I have seen where you can hold one row of items, whereas this one is just large enough to hold two rows. They can also be adjusted at different levels, which is not always common for the door shelves. There are also very small crisper drawers on the shelves which is convenient for smaller vegetables etc to be easily accessible.

The inside shelves can be adjusted accordingly, the crispers are quite large, but the fridge design means that it really doesn't take up very much room.

The look of the glass shelves are also looks very nice, they are easy to clean and just look neater generally.

There have never been any problems with the motor and when our house was struck by lightning a lot of appliances that had been plugged in were permanently damaged but this was unaffected.

The dairy compartment covers are the only problem that I have had with the fridge. They both became flimsy and we ended up removing them completely so there is just a space. Although this could have possibly been prevented with more tender care when closing, I'm not sure.

The temperature controls are convenient to use. The freezer cooling is very powerful. We have it sitting just over 'mid' permanently. I think on full power the frost might start to become an issue.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews