Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright Vacuum

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Bissell 5770 Upright vacuum is a solid vacuum that will not disappoint. Bissell designed and build this vacuum right, except for one flaw which I explain below.
For as long as I have been using it, I have not be disappointed nor let down. This is a bagless machine. So long as you remember to keep the tank empty and below the fill line, it has great power and pick up suction.

This vacuum has, what Bissell calls 'multi-cyclonic technology.' It works. It features a HEPA filter, that will remove and trap 100% of the dirt, dust and allergens, until you empty it. Since this is bagless vacuum, you must exercise care when emptying it. I also take it out side and do it right over the trash cans outside. This is the only way I found that I can keep all the dirty from getting back into the house when emptying it.

One of the biggest problems I had with past vacuums was that the accessories would get lost. This Bissell 5770 is self contained. It hold and carries all the accessories. Not only does this mean you will not lose them, it also ensures you will have them within reach when ever you need them. Truly a great feature.

I am even pleased with the design of the cord holders. They rotate, so you can very easily remove the cord. The hose is long enough to reach every place I needed it to. But it is the use of the hose that causes the worst problem with this upright vacuum. If you do not exercise extreme care when using the hose, and stretch it too far, the vacuum will fall over. Sometimes on you.

The machine is heavy. Over thirty pounds, but with the big wheels, it is easy to move around, despite its weight. Just have to be aware of the weight if you are going to be moving it from floor to floor.

Speaking of floors, it moves fine between hardwood floors and carpeting. And cleans both equally well. Reviewed by ConchRaider

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews