Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Quantum 150cc (10hp) Go Kart

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Every kid wants a go cart like the Quantum 150cc, but as a parent you have to watch kids pretty close when they are driving this baby. With a top speed of about 40 mph, it can get dangerous, especially on rough terrain.

We didn't necessarily buy it for speed; we just wanted something that the kids could use out on the ranch to get around. My oldest son is fourteen and he does most of the driving. His brother is nine, and we thought he would take over the go kart when the older one outgrew it.

It's been a real life saver for running things to me out on the back of the property when I'm working, as well as for the boys to have a good time. It costs more than some of the other carts, with an MSRP of $2,999.00, but it is extremely well built, has rack and pinion steering, and hydraulic disk brakes. It's much more like a little car than it is a toy.

My wife didn't like it a first, but after she tried it out herself, she liked it fine. Now everyone in the family has driven it except for the baby, and in a year and a half, we haven't had any problems with it at all.

Most of the driving is on rough ground, but the few times that I have chanced it on a country road, it really rides well. I won't let the boys drive it very fast out in the pasture, but I had it up to over 30 mph on the road, and it handled great.

I recommend this go kart to anyone with kids and places for them to use it. It would be a bit too much for someone with only a small area to drive in.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews