Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

2001 Dodge Durango

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Purchased for its towing capacity and its roomy interior in 2005, my 2001 Dodge Durango has proven reliable through: a cross-country move, pulling a U-haul over two mountain ranges; four very rough mid-western winters; and multiple towing trips during a home renovation. I have been impressed with the reliability of the tough exterior and the well-built engine through all of the heavy-duty tasks I have presented my Dodge Durango.
Reliable towing has proven to be an easy task for this 5.9-liter V-8 engine with 250 horsepower. Over the Cascade and the Rocky Mountains, the Dodge Durango reliably pulled a full mid-sized U-haul, an estimated 4½ tons, for a total 1,900 mile non-stop trip. Unfazed by the ultimate test of a cross-country move, the Durango continued to be a reliable vehicle through easier tasks.
Always parked outside, never in a garage, the Dodge has stood up to the most extreme cold and hot temperatures. During rough Iowa winters, the 2001 Dodge Durango has reliably started every morning, even during the coldest day on recent record, 34-degrees below zero. Also faring well in deep snow, compact ice-snow, and slippery freezing rain, the 4x4 capabilities of the Dodge Durango have been remarkably reliable. In hot temperatures as well, the 2001 Dodge Durango engine has never overheated, even on the hottest day in recent history, 109-degrees Fahrenheit.
I have also tested my 2001 Dodge Durango to withstand multiple, lengthy tow-trips, and the Durango has never disappointed me in towing capacity, even on steep hills. During a six-month gutting of an entire farmhouse and the subsequent renovation, the Dodge Durango reliably pulled any and all heavy trailers I requested.
Through all the rough temperatures, salted roads, and dings during renovation, the Dodge's exterior has also proven reliable. With only a few rust spots on the most rust-prone areas, the heavy-duty exterior will last for years to come.
All other features of the 2001 Dodge Durango have also proven reliable. I have had no trouble with the Powertrain, the accessories, or the interior. Windows worked reliably, the stereo system worked reliably, and steering and brakes were reliable.
Given the amount of extreme tests I presented the 2001 Dodge Durango and the proven reliability through each test, I rate the 2001 Dodge Durango 5 out of 5 for reliability.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 03:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
What about the use of Overdrive? I have a 2000 Durango and I pull an 18ft trailer to haul cars. I have done so with and without OD and would like to know if it is safe either way.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,499 times
What about the useing of baby clothes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews