Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Koblenz P-2600 Commercial Floor and Carpet Shampoo Polisher

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought this machine to use on the floors of my small business. I have carpet in most of the office space, marble in an anteroom, and then flagstone tile floors in the entrance.

For the money, this machine performed well on all three surfaces. It's easy to change pads for different surfaces but unpleasant to keep once they have been used. It takes a while for them to dry, and they need to be left someplace airy until then. It's not a big issue, but it's an inconvenience.

The machine very, surprisingly heavy. But once it starts scrubbing, it almost floats across the floor. It doesn't float as well on the carpet, but it is by no means too heavy for me to use by myself. It would be an issue, though, if I had to cart it up stairs by myself.

It does clean very well. It scrubs the flagstone tile well, even in the grout between the tiles. The marble gets slick and shiny but not waxy or gross. The carpets get remarkably clean. I had not shampooed the carpets for over a year when I first used this machine. After I had finished the shampooing, the carpets were a completely different color. A better color. A brighter color.

By far the worst thing about this machine is that the dirty water lingers as you go along. Unlike some (much) more expensive machines, this floor cleaner doesn't suck up the dirty water when it's done. It needs to be mopped up afterward, which leaves a film on the flagstone tile and the marble. The film can be removed if they floors are mopped. Which is the last thing I want to do after polishing them.

Though this model does have drawbacks, for the money is does a great job. I wouldn't recommend it for large spaces, but for smaller places it works well.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews