Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Toastess TFC-326 Personal-Size 1 Cup Coffeemaker, Black

toastess-tfc-326-personal-size-1-cup-coffeemaker-black photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased the Toastess TFC-326 for a couple of different reasons. It is very inconvenient for me to use my larger coffeemaker at those times when it is only me drinking coffee, not to mention, for some reason, I can never seem to make a good pot of coffee when I'm making it for just one person. This one cup coffeemaker eliminates this issue. The coffee tastes perfect every single time.

Traditionally, I drink a lot more tea than coffee so this coffeemaker really accommodates my needs because it has a reusable plastic filter than I can just throw some loose tea leaves in and brew which offers me a perfect cup of tea as well.

The Toastess TFC-326 brews your coffee (or tea) right into a 10oz ceramic mug that it comes with. Don't worry if you happen to break this or if it is in the wash, any tea mug will do. Although this is very convenient, there are a couple flaws in this design. There is no bottom burner so your coffee will not stay hot. When it is done brewing, it is ready to drink so unless you grab it right away, you will need to heat it up in the microwave. Also, if you use a smaller mug, it splashes, a lot. This isn't necessarily a big deal but I recommend using the mug that it came with or one of similar size as often as possible.

At $19.99 this is a bit cheaper than the competition, most of which begin around $24.99 and go up from there. It comes with a two year warranty and really takes up very little counter space in your kitchen. There is no coffee pot to wash out with this coffeemaker and no filters to buy so there is no waste. It does brew a little slow but the perfect tasting cup of coffee is worth it to me to wait.

I would like to note that I wasn't aware that the coffeemaker comes with a small measuring spoon. They pack it in the area where you pour the water so if you notice that yours is noisy when it is brewing, there is a good chance there is a spoon in there. I used mine three times before I realized something was stuck in there. For someone that only needs a single serving size of coffee or tea throughout the day, this is a really ideal coffeemaker to use.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews