Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,534,307 times

Advertisements

Nikon SLR D3100

nikon-slr-d3100 photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Nikon just released their SLR D3100 camera, and I knew that I had to have it. The $699.95 price tag was nothing to me when it would mean that I could take the most top quality photos of anything that I wanted to. The 14.2 mega pixels were amazing! The quality of the photos was so great that I could blow up a photo as big as 20"x 30" and never lose resolution or have a distorted photo. The HD photo quality video camera included with the camera takes the best video that I have seen in a long time. The auto focus lets you wander without ever leaving site of your target, and even does the same with the sound. The split second shutter response has been wonderful for capturing motion, as we all know that kids don't sit still for long!

Although this camera came with a guide to help you learn all the features, fiddling with the camera was the easiest way to learn of all its features. The three inch monitor gives a great view of exactly what you have taken a photo of. This Nikon SLR camera is light weight and small enough that you can slip it into any small purse or even your back pocket. The HDMI port allows me to plug this camera right into the TV for better viewing of all the photos that I have taken at a shoot. My favorite feature so far, has been the picture control. I can choose standard, monochrome, portrait, vivid, neutral or landscape features so that I am guaranteed everything in a photo that I want to capture. I don't think that I will ever need another camera after this one. This camera even fits all the old lenses from my previous Nikon cameras.

Overall, I give this camera a 5 star rating. Nikon is a great brand and this one is no exception. It does everything that I want it to and then some. I have never had a problem with this camera and I much prefer it to the Canon that I recently had.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews