Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

LG LSRG309ST Stainless Steel Gas Range

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I suddenly find myself wanting to spend a lot more time in the kitchen with this LG stainless steel gas range. Aside from the fact that it is just gorgeous to look at, it is also quite thoughtful to use. The primary reason why I purchased this range is for the five burner feature. I came across quite a few electric ranges with five burners but they aren't that easy to find in gas. The burners offer from 5,000 BTU up to 17,000 BTU with the exception of 1 burner that delivers 19,000 BTU which is my favorite burner to use for making stir-fry dishes.

The oven is really large, 5.4 cubic feet and it has a huge window, two racks and it is a vibrant bright blue color inside. It also comes with a warming drawer and the preheat feature offers a little alarm to let me know that the oven is heated and ready to use. A great safety feature that it has is that it will automatically shut off after it has been on for 12 hours in case someone forgets to do it and it also has a delay bake feature for up to 12 hours which allows you to start your cooking even when you're not home.

The oven comes with a two year warranty and one flaw, the knobs are not practical. They are easy to use however, the decals melt on them from the heat. I took a few to the store and was told that I'm not the first person to complain about them and was given a few new knobs. I now have a few more melted but since I use it so much I'm kind of programmed and don't need to actually rely on the decals anymore.

At $1999, this LG was pretty moderately priced in comparison to other stainless steel models and it is one of the few gas, five burner ranges that we found. You will find that you like cooking even more with this unit, especially if they do something to fix those knobs.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews