Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central CoffeeMaker

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I was looking for the perfect coffeemaker - something that would save me a great deal of time, produce high quality coffee and work efficiently and last a long time. The Cuisnart Brew Central Coffe Maker is just under $80, which may be a little pricey compared to some more basic coffeemakers, but is deifntley worth it.
The machine comes in several different colors - including white, black, brushed metal - I went with brushed metal, because it suited my kitchen. The coffeemaker is super futuristic and industrial, and very elegant. The aesthetic and appearance of the coffeemaker is half of the delight - I absolutely love the way it looks. It makes the equivalent of 12 cups of coffee, and you can program it ahead to when you'll need your coffee in the morning - this is perfect for me, as the smell off coffee really helps me to fully wake up and feel my best. I also have my coffee at the same time every morning, even on weekends - I like to wake up early and enjoy my coffee with some newspapers and a little bit of breakfast. The carafe including in the coffeemaker is very ergonomic, with a handle that helps you pour it very easily, which is nice if you have a tumbler that you like to take with you - it also doesn't spill or drip all over your countertops, which was a problem I had early in the morning.
Something else I love about this coffeemaker, which is great when I'm in a hurry before work in the morning, is that the Cuisnart allows you to brew and pause, which lets you stop and pour coffee as it's brewing. It also has a warming plate that lets you keep the coffee at the perfect temperature to keep the coffee fresh and nice and hot - not that icky lukewarm temperature.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews