Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 05:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

2007 Pontiac G5

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

After a bad car accident wrecked my previous vehicle I found myself the proud driver of a Pontiac G5. While I did not own this vehicle I drove it for several weeks to get around as I determined what my new ride would be. I found the transition from the standard no thrills four door sedan I previously drove to the zippy two door coupe that I was now driving to be quite exhilarating.
The styling of the Pontiac G5 really impressed me. It was sleek and it was lean. It just looked like it would go fast. It reminded me a bit of a greyhound, trimmed down and toned while built to just go fast. This was impressive because I hadn't really driven a fast car up to that point. As an aside, my car accident didn't involve high speeds or anything involving reckless driving.
Getting behind the wheel I couldn't help but indulge myself with the quick acceleration and fine handling this vehicle has in spades. I opened her up a bit and put some pedal to the metal on a few back roads just to see what she was capable of. This was just a fun car to cruise around in.
The interior was also quite sporty, with the black upholstery and dash contrasting nicely with the reddish orange displays. The inside of the car felt like I was in the world of Tron. While I ultimately did not buy this vehicle when it came time to car shop it did influence my final decision and I purchased its cousin the Chevy Cobalt. The compact coupe market was opened to me through my time with the Pontiac G5 and I found it to be a rewarding experience in getting performance at a very affordable price.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews