Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

ALC Sandblasters 40003 Pressure Blaster 110#

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

What started as a project for refinishing a bed frame turned into a good sideline job for me. I bought the ALC 40003 Pressure Blaster because a steel frame bed that had been in the family for over a hundred years was rusting, and I wanted to paint it brass. I hadn't used a sand blaster in twenty years before getting this one.

With any sandblaster, you have to experiment a little to get it to work with the proper pressure for what you are doing. This one will go from 80 to 125 psi, which is about right for the usual projects you have, whether it's removing paint, rust, or etching glass. It didn't take long to learn to handle the rig and learn what sand to use on what items.

After finishing the bed frame, I had some of the fine sand left over and helped a friend who was doing some body work on an old car. After that, other people approached me for various blasting jobs. The ALC has never let me down, and it operates well for whatever need I have.

If you plan on using a sandblaster everyday, I'm not sure that this model wouldn't perform well for you. On an occasional basis, you can't beat it. Any problems I have had when using it have been more because of mistakes I have made or the severity of the sandblasting job.

You won't find a better blaster for under $600, and you might pay more for some that aren't as dependable. I have become so accustomed to this one that I would buy another just like it if something happened to this one.

If you only plan to do a half dozen jobs with a sandblaster, you would do better to buy the ALC than to rent the equipment. It's small enough that it won't take much space for storage when it's not in use.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews