Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Contours Options 3 Wheeler Stroller II

contours-options-3-wheeler-stroller-ii photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The second stroller that I bought was the Contours Options 3 Wheeler Stroller II and I am satisfied with it. There are a few issues that I wish they would address but these issues really don't affect the overall rating too much.

For a stroller that averages around $140.00, it is well made and does a good job. Some of the features of this stroller include that it has a removable seat so that you can use it facing forward or facing you, there is a car seat attachment that can be used with most models of car seats for infants, there is a canopy for inclement weather or days with bright sunshine and the canopy is adjustable so that it can be adjusted to fit as your baby grows. The seat can adjust to multiple reclining positions, and there is a five-point harness that is adjustable which is good for security. Included is a cup holder that can be moved out of the way when you are putting your baby in the stroller or taking him/her out.

The size is approximately 9 x 21 x 30.5 inches and it weighs 35.7 pounds. It is a little heavier than I like but the sturdiness compensates for the weight.
What I especially like is that it is a three wheeler. The front wheel is 8 inches and swivels, the rear wheels are twelve inches. I have found that the rear wheels are just a bit too large which sometimes makes it difficult to get in and out of tight spots. But I have to admit that it steers easy and very well. I am fairly tall and find that the push bar is a good height so that I don't have to bend down or be uncomfortable when we go out. The brakes are strong.

The stroller can't be collapsed when the seat is facing the rear (towards you). If you need to collapse it when the seat is facing you, you will need to turn the seat around first. This can be a pain when you need to take it in and out of your car. Also, the stroller is fairly large even when folded, so it may not fit in all car trunks. Another negative is that the seat does not recline totally flat.

Other than the above issues, I think this is a very well made, sturdy stroller.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews