Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Oster 4127 Beehive Work Top Blender

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I always liked the classic feel and shape of the "Osterizer" beehive blender that dates back to the iconic 1950s, when the blender first became a common household item. So the Oster 4127 Beehive Blender had the perfect nostalgic design that I was looking for.

I bought this blender in late 2007 and was immediately drawn to its look. This blender has a wonderful brushed nickel finish and matches very well with modern kitchen décor. This blender looks like antique but comes packed with the power of a modern motor. This blender has two speeds, low and high, that claims to crush even ice.

Unfortunately, the audacity and fine design of this blender stops at its aesthetic appeal. This blender looks nice, but its crushing power is questionable at best. The design of the glass prevents efficient blending, so about every ten seconds during blending you must shut it off and stir the mixture with a spoon. This quickly becomes annoying especially if you're trying to make a mixed drink with ice or blend vegetables.

There's some sort of mechanical issue with this blender as well. There's always a smell of burning motor every time I turn the motor on, no matter what I'm blending. After much troubleshooting, I cannot find a reason for the odor and it makes for an unpleasant blending experience no matter what you're making. I ended up using this blender for nothing more than ice cream to make shakes for fear of motor burn-out.

One upside of this blender is the ease of cleaning. The glass container is very easy to remove, rinse and keep clean. The added benefit of a rubber cap that allows you to add ingredients during use is also very convenient. I found that this blender was best for making shakes and at low speeds, or else the burning motor odor becomes too strong.

While this small blender is very attractive on any countertop, it lacks real power and I would not count on it as my main blender. I would not recommend it for family or heavy-duty use when there are many other more high-powered blenders out there on the market.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews