Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Panasonic VIERA S1 Series TC-P65S1 65-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

When the digital conversion happened in 2009 I chose to purchase the Panasonic Viera S1 Series 65 inch Plasma HDTV because of how light and easy to move it was. The Original MSRP price for this big screen TV was $3,199.95 but I was able to get it on sale and save some money. I purchased this TV because it was easy to move and could be put up just about anywhere that had a five inch depth. I did not originally consider anchoring the television because it weighed two-hundred pounds, but the first heavy wind storm we had that shook the whole house, it became a necessary extra purchase I was not expecting with the TV.

The picture is crystal clear, which I cannot say about my Sony TV in the upstairs. Panasonic is a name that I trust, therefore, I didn't think anything of it when I purchased this television. There are few plug-ins in the back of the television, making this a big negative. I had to go out and make another purchase of a conversion box so that I could have the proper amount of plugs so that I could add in the surround sound, DVD player, Wii and the satellite dish.

Compared to a Sony, this TV has excellent picture quality, the reason that I purchased it. The volume control is stable whether you are watching a commercial or a television show. The flat screen makes it convenient and easy to place anywhere as the overall television only needs a five inch depth. I give this Panasonic a 3 star rating due to the small mishaps of having to purchase additional items to make it work properly with the rest of my home entertainment system. So far, this TV hasn't let me down with picture or sound quality.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews