Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

De'Longhi Oil Filled Radiator TRH0715L

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

This heater offers consistent, energy efficient warmth for a good price. The thermostat is adjustable and easy to use. The heat settings are clearly marked and easy to comprehend. I prefer this heat source to the fan heaters as it does not dry out my skin and sinuses and isn't noisy. My toddler has asthma and the dried air that blown heat creates in her room aggravates any respiratory problems already brought on by the weather. So when the temperature falls, I close the vent in her room and bring in the space heater. The De'Longhi radiator is so quiet and I know I can rely on it to maintain a consistent temperature in the room. It does get hot to the touch, so I make sure to keep it at a distance from the bed and from any flammable materials. While I do not think it is hot enough to cause serious burns, I do make sure to warn my child not to touch it and to keep it out of the way so that she can easily avoid it. I had no complaints about this heater for the first year I owned it. However, just after the one year warranty period was up, it stopped working. It wouldn't even turn on. While Texas had experienced an unusually cold winter, I still feel that it should have held up to the challenge easily. I know others who have owned this product with no problems, so I decided that the issue was not typical. I gave the product another chance the next winter and purchased another radiator despite my previous experience. I have been using the new heater for two years now with no complaints. Even with my negative experience, I still feel that the De'Longhi radiator offers superior quality and value than others in its price range. .

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews