Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2003 Acura MDX

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Acura is known for producing cars ahead of their time, and the 2003 Acura MDX was no exception. When I researched this car before buying it (used) I was amazed to find how many top corporate executives owned one. Now, after three years owning one myself, I am no longer surprised. I will drive this car until the engine refuses to run. Even though I purchased it a few years old, it is still superior to most new vehicles on the market. The beautiful wood detailing, heated leather seats, hidden third-row seating, Bose surround sound, and flip down DVD player make for a luxurious ride. The body style, though slightly different than the most recent MDX model, is still sleek and modern. This is a nice trait of all Acura vehicles. Model designs are changed gradually over time, avoiding the premature aging that comes with many American made cars once the new year models are released. The Acura designers really went all out with storage on the MDX. Pockets, cubbies, and cup holders are hidden everywhere throughout the vehicle, as opposed to being made prominent style features. Unlike many mid-size SUV's, the Acura MDX has automated rear windshield wipers. Though minor, this is a feature that you do not notice or miss until you need it. The best and most widely noticed feature of this vehicle is its solid, tight structure. The doors close like a vacuum seal, encasing you in a peaceful cocoon of luxury, isolated from road and traffic noise.
With rising fuel prices, I had concerns about investing in a car that requires premium gas. However, the fuel economy of the MDX, which is superior to most other SUV's of its size, helps to offset the additional cost. This car has made me an Acura driver for life. At 103,000 miles and counting, my 2003 MDX is still a pleasant and dependable ride, and one I plan on enjoying for years to come.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews