Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model # GR2FHMXPBO3

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We got our whirlpool Gold refrigerator about 2 years ago. It has four adjustable shelves, and three adjustable door shelves, climate control, two fruit and vegetable crispers with humidity control, freezer temperature control, and an ice maker in the freezer.

I like the crisper humidity control because it allows me to adjust the amount of air that is let in the crisper with my fruits and vegetables. By being able to do this, I have found that my fruit and vegetables will last a little longer and this saves me money. The adjustable door shelves allow me to store taller items then I could with the previous refridarator that only had built in door shelves. One of the door shelves is a milk holder and I like this because I can keep my dairy products together and I can control the temperature so they are not going to spoil fast. All of the shelves come out so it is very easy for you clean.

The ice maker was noisy and was always trying to make ice even if the ice bin was full so my husband took it out at my request. It is much quieter except for the occasional humming noise. I think it is confused as to why it cannot make ice anymore. The outside is a gloss finish and it shows finger prints so it needs to be cleaned often to keep it looking shiny.

I would recommend this refrigerator for anyone to buy. The price is comparable to what other standard refrigerator freezer combinations cost. But in my opinion you are actually getting much more for your money because the climate controls, and humidity controls allow you to keep your food fresher longer and that will save money over time.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews