Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 12:31 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

GE - 24" Tabletop Portable Dishwasher - White-on-White

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

The 1 star is only because this dishwasher was cheap and a space saver. Those are its only good qualities. I purchased it because in the little apartment I used to live in we did not have a lot of space and could not have a dishwasher installed. The fact that this one is portable and on wheels means that I can put it anywhere I want to and that was the appeal.

The first time I used it I was amazed at how loud it is. For such a little machine it really does make a ton of noise. More so than any other dishwasher, or washing machine, I have ever owned. It may even be louder than my vacuum cleaner. And it shakes quite a bit while it is working and if the wheels aren't anchored it moves itself across the floor a bit. I lived in an upstairs apartment and the people who lived downstairs from me actually called and complained about how much noise we were making.

The dishes do not dry completely which is a huge draw back because everything ends up with water spots. Even though they are just water spots, not food spots, it makes the dishes look dirty, and I end up rewashing them by hand. And if you have any caked on food whatsoever do not expect it to wash off because it will not. I had to rewash almost everything that came out of the dishwasher. My husband literally never rinses his dishes off before putting them in the dishwasher so they pretty much never got clean, and sometimes the food from them would transfer onto other dishes.

We kept it, only because we knew we would be moving within a few months, but only used it when absolutely necessary. We were truly disappointed in this purchase and would most definitely not recommend it to anyone else.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews