Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer KSM150PSMC 325 Wts.

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

As an avid home-kitchen cook and general foodie, the KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer was the industry standard that I aspired to. I began my self-education in cooking with a Sunbeam hand mixer. Complicated pastries and bread recipes were a chore as I started and stopped my little mixer, and had to make up for its inferior power with my own meager strength. As my recipes progressed I ditched the hand held for the coveted stand mixer, but my budget only stretched to a Hamilton Beach hand/stand combination mixer. At 270 watts this was better than my Sunbeam handheld, but still not strong enough. The 4 quart bowl was unable to accommodate the large batches of bread I was mixing up. Finally I was able to upgrade to the Artisan. I put every bit of its 325 watts to work, mixing, whipping and kneading with its various attachments. This mixer is up to any challenge I bring its way. With its 5 quart bowl and 10 speeds, I finally have a machine that can keep up with me. The tilt-back head makes removing the bowl so easy, and also makes it possible to change attachments in the middle of a job. And when it comes to attachments, this machine really shows its versatility. This model comes with three attachments: a plastic dough hook, a plastic, flat beater, and a metal wire whisk. Each is made of sturdy, quality material and snaps easily into place. The optional attachments available introduce a variety of exciting possibilities. I am particularly eager to try out the sausage stuffer. This appliance won't take a back seat on a dusty cabinet shelf. It's too heavy, too tall, and too awkward to struggle into a cabinet after every use. Other brands may see this as a drawback- but KitchenAid uses its permanent position on the countertop as yet another opportunity to shine. The KSM150PSMC comes in a variety of trendy colors, ranging from vintage to space age. I love my Persimmon shade- but it is a spicier orange than I had envisioned. For the vintage Brady Bunch kitchen look I was after, the Tangerine would have been perfect. That said, the color is brilliant, beautiful and really sets the appliance apart as a fixture in the kitchen, which, in light of my obsessive fascination with the Artisan, I think is very appropriate.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews