Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach ChefPrep 500watt food processor

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The Hamilton Beach Chef Prep food processor model # 70610 lets you process and prepare more food in less time. With 500 watt 2 speed blades with a pulse control as well this processor works quickly. I have noticed an almost hot electrical smell when using mine that has been there since it was new. I'm not sure if it's because it goes so fast or because it is still fairly new, but it never feels hot. I do like the quick and easy shredding of cheese and veggies. With a reversible slice and shred disc you can easily transition from shredding cheese to slicing carrots or onions and a flip of a blade. Although I find the blade hard to wash, cheese seems to always get stuck in the outer ridge of the blade making more time for scrubbing if you don't have a dishwasher. The large 10 cup capacity bowl is dishwasher safe as well as the lid and blades making for easy clean up. The Chef Prep also comes with a chopping blade which chops onions in a turn of a button, this is great you never have to touch an onion, just push it down the large chute and it chops it nice and small which is great for sautéing. This food processor isn't too large which is great for storage when you are not using it. The cord can be wrapped around the food processor conveniently making storage a bit easier. It would be better if the cord was retractable like it is on more expensive models. This model carries a small price tag of only $49 much lower than its expensive counterparts. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models but it gets the job done on a budget.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews