Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Premium All-In-One Printer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Premium All-In-One Printer is a good choice for the user who wants photo quality prints and the ability to scan and fax in one machine at an affordable cost.

This machine allows you to print from your cell phone, laptop, or the web without a computer. The 50 sheet automatic document feeder allows you to print, fax, and scan two-sided. You also have a 250 paper tray. There is also the advantage of having individual cartridges for each color which saves money in the long run. Hewlett Packard also sells a variety of papers that you can use for specialty projects on their website.

Setup is easy and the printer prints quickly at 35 ppm for black and 34 ppm for color. Printed output is crisp at 4800 x 1200 dpi which makes this printer a good choice for graphic design proof prints. The onscreen prompts if it jams are a bonus. It has been my experience with HP products that they use less toner than other brands. Toner use appears to be satisfactory.

I have heard complaints about this machine, but I have no complaints. The average life span of an inkjet printer is three years. I am not at three year mark, but I hope the printer will last. The last time I had an HP inkjet printer, it lasted 10 years. The only downside to this machine is that once the printer dies, you will be stuck with a machine that can only scan or fax. If you like to read users manuals, you only get a fax manual with this machine. The printer costs $500 and comes with a one year limited warranty.

Pros
Ability to print without pc
Quality output
250 sheet paper tray
Fast printing

Cons
When one feature, scan/print/fax, dies you are stuck
Only a fax manual included

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews