Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Troy-Bilt TB210 TriAction 21" Front Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Mower

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I stayed with my dad a couple summers ago while waiting to move into my own place, and I cut his grass for him once a week. He is an older man, and I didn't want him out in the hot sun pushing a lawn mower over his huge lawn. This Troy Bilt lawn mower is his, but I used it the entire summer.

This lawn mower is fire engine red, trimmed with black. The whole thing appears pretty sturdily built, and all the moving parts function smoothly. We have to put an oil/gas mixture in the engine as fuel, and there is a choke button on it to push the air out of the carburetor.

Once this thing is on, the self-propulsion function requires the handle to be pressed against the frame bars. Then, it really moves. The speed setting at which it moves across the lawn can be adjusted, and even as a young man I never took it up to its highest setting. The lawn mower was simply too fast and powerful. It took me a while to get into a rhythm with this thing, and to master cornering while it was self-propelling, but once I did it cutting the grass was a snap.

The mower blades are designed to cut the grass blades multiple times before ejecting them out of the chute and back onto the grass as mulch. When I was cutting the grass without the bag on, I did notice that the leftover grass blades were wispier than a standard lawn mower would produce.

One of the drawbacks of using this lawn mower is that it is by far the loudest lawn mower I have ever used. I couldn't hear anything but the engine when I was cutting grass, and probably should have been wearing ear plugs. And this lawn mowers self-propulsion feature is probably too powerful for a young kid to use. But for an older man like him who doesn't want to strain himself pushing a lawn mower, this feature works well.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews