Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

GE 14 Cup Digital Food Processor - Model # 169203

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

When I first married my husband we were given a very nice very expensive Cuisinart food processor for out shower gift. I was excited because I knew I would make very good use of it. It turns out to my disappointment I did not get much use out of it because it broke after the first few uses. I returned it and the second one broke a few months later. So for the last few years I have been without a food processor. I finally broke down and decided to just buy one.

I went to Wal-Mart and found the GE 14 cup digital food processor. I figured it was not much money so if it broke not a big loss. This food processor has these cute suction feet that prevent the food processor from moving during use. The container is big enough to hold 14 cups of processed food. I like to make sweet potato soup so this large container comes in handy because I do not have to split up the processing of the mixture into several batches. It will cut your vegetables so fast you will not know what to do with the extra time. The blades are strong and can handle large amounts of food. I like that for those days I am cooking for my extended family. Makes cooking enjoyable!

I am not a fan of the cheese grading job it does. I found that it left chunks of cheese that were not graded. But it does most of the cheese and if I only have to do a little by hand then I guess I should not complain. I think this food processor is better than the cuisineart and I would defintly recommend someone spend their money on this GE food processor before buying one that is really expensive.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews