Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 09:35 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Wüsthof Classic Black 7-Piece Knife Block Set

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

Wüsthof has done it again with the knifes in this Classic Black 7-Piece Knife Block Set. The well balanced knifes are comfortable to use, even after making a large multi-course meal. The fine blades are made of tempered and hardened steel, with high carbon and no-stain blades. As advertised, I found them easy to sharpen, but they did not dull quickly.
The German made Wüsthof knifes are first rate. They will serve anyone that uses them for years and years.

I do not have any issues with the items in the set. I found this set to be lacking a few key items. Items that are not included in this set. I prefer my knife set to have a Cleaver or Nakiri knife. Neither of which is included in this Wüsthof set.

Additionally, do not be fooled by the advertized 7-piece set. There are not seven knifes in this set, not even seven cutting tools. Yes this set comes with a small paring knife and a six inch general use knife. There is also a large chef knife and a bread knife. These are the only knifes in the set. The other pieces include a pair of kitchen shears and a long sharpening steel (which I do not believe most people would know how to use). The seventh and final item in this set is the big block of hardwood. The hardwood block that you use to store the knifes is part of the seven piece.

When I purchased my set, I received a second sharpener and a cutting board to go with the set. I do not know if this was limited time offer or standard. I also found the price of the Wüsthof 7-Piece set to be on the high end, at about $300 it was over priced considering what pieces were not included.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews