Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Honeywell HFD-010 QuietClean Compact Tower Air Purifier

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This air purifier is a great choice for people who need a unit that is designed for small spaces, yet doesn't sacrifice effectiveness.

Although there are many similar offerings in its price range (MSRP $99.99), I was initially attracted to this unit because of its slim tower design. As someone who wanted to avoid having to purchase replacement filters on a constant basis, I really appreciated the inclusion of a permanent filter. Although it is easily washable when the necessity arises, I was initially doubtful that a permanent filter could be as effective as one that is changed regularly. However, it has thus far conquered pet hair and mold problems as well as previous standard purifiers I have owned. It is fantastic at removing cigarette smoke. I have several friends who smoke, and as someone who has severe breathing problems in smoky areas, I needed an air purifier that could quickly eliminate cigarette smoke, and this model has been invaluable in that aspect.

One thing to note is that the unit only has two speed settings. Although the high speed setting was very effective for my needs, users who have more precise requirements may want to consider other options.

Although other models I have tried have been very loud and interfered with my sleep schedule, this model is as quiet as it is small. Even with constant usage, it is nearly unnoticeable.

The unit's portability is another advantage, making it easy to transfer between rooms or use when traveling.

Finally, the product instructions are very easy to follow, so the unit is ready for initial use almost immediately after a user removes the packaging.

Although some users might be dismayed by the extremely basic functionality of this purifier, it is extremely effective, and a smart buy overall.

By Sarah Szczerbiak

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews