Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 01:00 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Oster 10 Speed Blender Model 6832

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I received this blender as a gift and couldn't be happier. So often blenders don't have the power to get the job done, but not this one. It can easily create smoothies, milkshakes, soups and will even crush ice pretty effectively.

It has a strong glass jar which is easy to clean and take apart. The only way to really get this blender clean is by taking it apart, so it is very convenient that it is easy. The base unscrews without much force and will easily reattach. The blades are metal and very sharp. The entire blade section is created from metal which makes it very durable. I have never had any problems getting anything to blend easily.

This blender features an attractive design that would easily look great in almost any kitchen. The black plastic base wipes clean easily and retains its shine. The jar is an attractive shape and so I keep the blender on the counter all of the time.

The blender features 10 speeds and a pulse feature. All work well and the pulse feature can be especially useful when the blender needs a little extra help. The lid is created from 2 separate parts making it easy to add additional liquid or food while blending. The middle section of the lid easily removes and reattaches.

The jar and all the parts are dishwasher safe, which makes cleanup very easy. I just take the blender apart and toss everything into the dishwasher. Since the jar is glass, it is long lasting and doesn't stain or retain food odors.

The only negative to this blender is that it can be loud when in use. It makes more noise than my last couple of blenders and does not offer any type of sound shield. This makes this blender difficult to use late at night or early in the morning while people are sleeping.

I highly recommend this blender to anyone looking for a high quality blender with plenty of power. Its 450 watts help it to power through almost any job.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews