Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 01:34 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Fender Classic Series 50s Stratocaster

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After researching brands, I found a Fender Classic Series 50s Stratocaster for only $1,000. It came in a fantastic foam green that reminded me of the 1950s diner down the street where everyone still dressed in their Converse and letterman sweaters. For the overall price for a trusted name brand guitar, I thought the price was worth the name brand as well as the quality of the piece.

The maple fingerboard on this electric guitar was nice and sturdy, something that I found important as a beginner. The aged plastic, tinted neck and the single coil pickups and staggered alnico magnets gave it the look of the era as well as the sound. The two piece alder wood body make for a study piece overall guitar. The polyester finish on the guitar was nice because it made it more simple for me to have my name painted onto the body. With vintage style frets and chrome finish on all the hardware, this was a classy looking guitar. I thought it was great that it came with a soft carrying bag as well as a set of white picks so that everything looked uniform and original. The little book that came with it of classic 1950s songs to play that were originally played on a guitar such as this was a nice touch and gave me a more original feel.

Overall, this has been the most fun purchase that I have made in a long time. Compared to a Gibson or other brand, I feel that this Fender was the right purchase for a beginner that doesn't know much about guitars. It is a great place to start and something that I can build on if I choose. The sound is smooth and comes in clear no matter the size amp that you are using. I have not found a downfall of this purchase yet.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews