Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 02:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

DEWALT 3/8 in. 12-Volt Cordless Compact Drill Kit

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased this cordless drill to use for repairs around the house and for small woodworking projects. I typically use it to drive screws or make small starter holes for hanging things on my plaster walls.

I've been very happy with the power that this drill provides. I am impressed by how easily it can drive a screw into wood surfaces. It also drills well into cement without binding, better than my previous drill.

The drill stops quickly when you let go of the trigger, which made it much easier to keep the screw heads from biting into surfaces and making ugly holes. Additionally, the lighter weight of the drill makes it easier for me to keep it from wobbling, so I don't accidentally make holes too large in plaster.

It also has adjustable settings that you can use to keep it from stripping screws. I especially appreciated it for hard-to-drill surfaces, because I could set it to a level where it would keep the screw moving in without having to worry as much about rubbing the screw head hollow.

The drill is very reliable. The battery life is good, lasting through several small jobs before it really needs a recharge. It also recharges quickly, going from dead to charged in around an hour. When I'm working on long projects, I just swap between the two batteries. I haven't had to wait for a battery at all.

The drill itself is smaller than others I've used and definitely lightweight. It is not too heavy for me and I can keep working over longer periods of time before I get tired and have to take a break. The drill motion is smooth and I don't feel any uncomfortable vibration.

I'm very pleased with this drill and I expect it to keep working for some time to come.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews