Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 02:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Bissell Quicksteamer Powerbrush Lightweight Upright Deep Carpet Cleaner 2080

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I've had this carpet steamer for a year now, and I really do love having a machine on hand for doing my own carpets. Our carpet is fairly old, it came with the house when we bought it four years ago.

The machine is pretty easy to operate and it is lightweight, as advertised. I imagine that the fact that it's lightweight means it has less of a motor and less power than the commercial machines that you rent. On some of the heavier soil, like near the front and back doors and around the stairs, it hasn't been quite as effective as I would like. That may be due to the carpet's age and the heavy staining rather than the machine, but I was disappointed that it didn't completely get everything.

One of the things I have learned about the Bissell is that you really have to take your time with it. When you're sucking the solution back up, you have to go very slowly and go over it a few times, otherwise the carpet takes quite a long time to dry. If you take the time to really go over it, though, the carpet dries in an hour or so, which is reasonable.

The solution from Bissell works pretty well. I tried a cheaper cleaner and didn't think the results were with the savings. The Bissell solution isn't all that expensive. The solution works best, of course, on fresh stains.

I think this carpet steamer is best for new carpets, homes without pets or messy kids, or for small spot cleaning. It really doesn't have the power for doing the same job you would expect from the rental machines. If you're looking for a mid-priced machine for small jobs and light dirt, this is a good machine.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews