Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,545,946 times

Advertisements

Keurig B-40 B40 Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing System

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I got the B40 about a week ago and so far could not be much more pleased. I regarded as the B50 initially, but then determined that the programming and dual brew size had been not essential for me. Following all, if the brew cycle only requires about 30 seconds, why set a timer for it to begin at a particular time? Performing with out those two functions saved $50 also. The unit came having a sample pack of 18 various coffees along with a couple of teas. The flavors/blends that I've attempted so far have all been great. I do not generally like extremely strong/bold coffee, so I cannot pass adequate judgement on those varieties. You are able to purchase the K-Cups from a number of on-line sources in many different flavors for about $9-$13 for a 25-pack.

The brewer itself couldn't be simpler to make use of. I'm the only coffee drinker within the home, so I particularly wanted a single cup brewer. My on-line study led my to this unit and I'm extremely pleased. The initial start-up out of the box requires about three minutes to obtain the program primed and heated. Following that, the manual recommends leaving the unit on, which I do. In the event you select to have it shut off following use it'll take a few minutes to heat the water prior to the subsequent brew. In my case I merely pop a K-Cup into the brewer, push the brew button and 30 seconds later I've a hot cup of tea or coffee. Eliminate the K-Cup and you are carried out. The only cleanup is really a 2-3 time yearly de-scale procedure. The unit is really a small noisy within the brew procedure, but it is not loud at all. That is the only negative I would give it and I hesitate to call it a negative.

A single-cup brewer isn't for everybody, however it works perfectly for me. I've utilized large coffee pot-style makers within the past but this is just so easy when I'm in my groggy sleep-state prior to function.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews