U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 02:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,870,345 times

Advertisements

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport SUV

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport SUV is a reliable truck that is great in the snow and easy to operate. The original manufacturer retail price for 2004 Jeeps ranged from $15,508 - $23,146. My Jeep has a 4.0 L 6 cylinder engine, and an automatic transmission, somewhat rare in a Wrangler. The 4X4 option is easy to handle and can be shifted while the car is in motion. The truck is easy to handle, fun to drive, sturdy and great for hauling medium-size items. I load 400-600 pounds worth of wood pellet fuel into the Wrangler on a regular basis and there is no change in the vehicle's performance. Other features on the 2004 Wrangler include front door pockets, a front console with storage, front and rear cupholders, power steering and 12V front power outlets.

A common complaint about the truck is the noise level, but I have no problem listening to music or having conversations when driving. Getting into and out of the Jeep is a bit of a challenge because there is no step and stepping in requires getting your leg up over the lower door and into the foot-well. This would be tough for a short person or anyone who struggle with arthritis or other physical pain. The truck's suspension is bouncy and the ride is rough, but one used to driving, I barely noticed. However, as a passenger in my truck, the bouncing is uncomfortable.

The soft top is reportedly difficult to put on, but my truck came with hard and soft tops and I have never bothered removing the hard top. My truck has manual locks and windows, an inconvenience to passengers used to these features, but not a problem for me. The truck offers less than average gas mileage at about 15 mpg, another negative aspect. Tires are expensive to replace and the glare coating on the windows reflects inside the truck and can be distracting initially.

The best part about the truck is its tough, rugged usability. The truck is sturdy and can get you through most driving situations, a must with Midwest driving. I find driving comfortable and I have taken the truck on longer road trips up to 1,000 miles in one weekend. Wranglers are not for everyone, but if the truck is a good fit for you, you will know it right away. Those who want a comfort ride are not going to enjoy driving the vehicle, but if you are looking for a compact vehicle with the heart and soul of a big, tough truck, this is what the

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews