Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 02:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Samsung UN40C6300 - 40" LED TV 1080p

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This Samsung 40" carries a list price of $1399.99, and while there are cheaper TVs available in the same size, the picture quality on this LED set is well worth the extra money.

I purchased one of these televisions for our master bedroom to replace our antiquated tube TV. We've primarily purchased Sony TVs in the past, but after a slew of problems with our 60" Sony we decided to give Samsung a try and purchased this small TV prior to shopping for a new large one for the living room.

The color on this television is amazing- crisp, clear and vibrant, with sharp full HD resolution. This set was my first experience with an LED television, and the contrast is amazing. It renders true black perfectly, and bright colors equally well. It is also fantastic at eliminating screen glare. We originally utilized the stand it comes with, which was fine- but later decided to wall mount it. This Samsung is amazingly thin and light- approximately 1" deep and weighing only 27 pounds.

My only complaint with this set stems from a problem we ran into while mounting it- the ports are all located on the side of the set rather than the back, which made it very awkward for us to route the cables into the wall and there's no way to hide them. This was not a consideration we made when purchasing the television, and I wish we had inquired about the port location ahead of time before running into this problem. If you choose to keep the TV on the stand this probably isn't an issue, but if you're a stickler when it comes to "cable clutter," like my husband, it's a serious flaw.

In summary, an excellent television in terms of picture quality- but think twice if you plan on wall mounting it.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews