Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Omron HEM-711AC Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I had also looked at 2 other models, this 1 and also the Hem-780, and and am extremely glad I chose this, the less expensive choice. Apart from the memory becoming just a little smaller (60 vs 90 readings) and also the non-Comfit cuff, the machine itself is much more or much less the exact same in terms of accuracy along with other functions. Actually, I choose the normal kind cuff to the Comfit 1, which in practice could be fairly bulky and demands a bigger case to accommodate, so isn't so portable.

I also like the reality it's pretty quiet in operation (some machines make lots of noise and beeping throughout the reading procedure, which could be distracting). The irregular heartbeat indicator, though not precisely needed, is an additional helpful function. Actually, I'm shocked the Hem-780 doesn't have this function, which is obtainable as regular on most new bp monitors nowadays.

1 criticism will be the reality Omron has incorporated the 'On/off' and 'Start' buttons into 1, which indicates it's fairly simple to begin the machine accidentally when traveling (Omron's older bp monitor models utilized to have 2 separate buttons). Beware you will find no batteries included, and 4AA's are needed. Nevertheless, the included AC adapter is most likely all you require when not traveling. Also beware the AC adaptor isn't the travel kind so can only be utilized with US 110 voltage - I'm from the UK, so will require to buy a separate voltage transformer).

Size wise, the newer style Omron bp monitors are just a little smaller in dimensions compared with older models, but the case is also unnecessarily high, once more generating it slightly bulky for traveling purposes.

Overall, I would thoroughly suggest this machine for house use. At this cost, it's outstanding worth for cash.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews