Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

I do not usually write item critiques, but my horrible encounter obliged me to write this 1.

I bought this blender from Starbucks about 6 months ago. It worked fantastic till about a week ago when the blender began to have trouble spinning to speed. A couple of days ago, the blender began to give off a powerful electrical/burning smell so I instantly stopped utilizing the blender and known as client service.

As a few of the other critiques mentioned, Waring client service and their warranty are horrible! Certainly not what somebody would anticipate from a business with such high reputation or a high priced item. Although my blender was clearly beneath warranty, they needed me to send it in at my personal price. As soon as they obtain it, "they will figure out regardless of whether it'll be repaired beneath warranty or if there will probably be charges". They wouldn't even give an estimate for the turnaround. So essentially, you'd need to send it in at your personal price, then wait for them to take a look at it and possibly need to pay additional cash, and get a repaired/previously defective item back. This, needless to say, could mean a minimum of a couple of weeks with out a blender to make use of.

My prior blender was a inexpensive Black & Decker model. It crapped out after about 9 months of use (still 50% longer than the Waring costing about 5x the price). When it crapped out, Black & Decker simply shipped me a brand new replacement and asked me to mail them the power cord cut from the blender.

So, be warned. Waring is still charging for its prior reputation, but that reputation will most likely not last much longer as the new ownership is apparently tarnishing the brand and destroying its value. The quality of their item is clearly not what it used to be, and the client service is outrageously bad. I would certainly not buy another Waring item again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews