Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,604,457 times

Advertisements

Celestron Microscope Digital Kit MDK 40x-600x Camera Video USB - 44320

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

As a young child growing up I was always into science and technology. I always wanted to explore new things and find out how things worked and why they did what they did. I remember in elementary and middle school going into the Science Lab with my Science Teacher Mr. Barbin bursting with excitement anticipating what we would be exploring that afternoon.

Maybe I was one of the few children that was excited about science but when I saw that my nephew was showing the same excitement this year when he was telling me about walking into his science lab at school it brought me back to my childhood. Growing up my mom didn't have a lot of money to buy expensive toys and gifts but I do remember have a microscope. It was plastic, cheap feeling and didn't last for a very long time. I'd say that I got to use it about 3 or 4 times before the lens was damaged and the eyepiece would come into focus any more. With that being said I decided to do something special for my nephew. I wanted to buy him a microscope that he would be able to use at home while he looked at micro-organisms, cell walls, and other microscopic life forms that he would gather from our back yard.

After doing a little research online I found the Celestron Microscope model (44320) at a really good price and thought this would be the perfect gift for my nephew. You can use this microscope as a traditional microscope or as a digital microscope. There is a place to put a digital camera to take pictures of the organisms that you are looking at. The Celestron microscope features an eyepiece that zooms 10x to 20x and when paired with the microscopes 4x, 15x, or 30x objectives lens it produces magnification of 40x to 600x power. The Digital kit makes it easy to place a digital camera on the microscope and comes with 25 prepared slides. If you are looking for a great gift for the young explorer in your life then I would highly recommend getting him or her the Celestron Microscope Digital Kit MDK 40x-600x Camera Video USB model (44320). I give this a 5 star rating for the quality and features offered.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews