Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

DeWalt 18-volt Cordless 1/2'' (13mm) Drill/Driver Kit

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have wanted to get my hands on the DeWalt 18-Volt Cordless Drill for some time now. I saw the drill set on sale for black Friday this year and knew that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to pick this drill up at a great price and not have to worry about buying another drill for some time.

I used a Skil drill for some time now and really liked the power that it had although the battery life didn't last any time at all and the drill was deemed useless for me because I would have had to purchase a new battery because the old one that I had would not hold a charge. With the package set that I bought the DeWalt 18-volt Cordless Drill had an extra battery included with the set which is really nice because you can use one battery while you charge the other one which means you never have to stop working while you let your battery charge back up.

The drill is light weight and compact which allows me to work in tight spaces without making my hand tired of holding it. With a 1/2" single sleeve ratcheting chuck and high performance frameless motor, slippage is reduced while extreme power is provided to handle any difficult job. I always find myself using this drill for everything around the house. I recently installed new hardware on my cabinets and drawers in my kitchen and this made the job easy and effortless. I drilled into ¾ inch block to hang up a large painting in absolutely no time at all.

Recently we had satellite television installed at our home and the installation technician that was sent out to install the satellite service had the same drill which he had no problem drilling through our block walls in our living room and bedrooms. Overall I am really impressed with the DeWalt 18-Volt Cordless 1/2" Drill/Driver Kit Model (DC720KA) and would give it a 5 star rating and recommend to anyone that is looking to buy a great drill set that will last them for years to come.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews