U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,778,149 times

Advertisements

EdgeStar Koldfront PAC8000S Air Conditioner

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased the EdgeStar Koldfront PAC8000S portable air conditioner for a friend who was living in a rather large apartment with no air conditioning. The machine was relatively inexpensive in terms of air conditioning units and was small in size so I went with this machine. I paid $349.00 for this machine at retail price. The unit is an 8,000 BTU air conditioner that cools a room up to about 200 square feet (which is a smaller sized bedroom). I think this machine cools a little larger space than advertised because it seemed to cool my friend's apartment down very nicely. The machine includes a remote control which is nice for convenience purposes, especially when placed in a bedroom. It also has a function for dehumidifying only as well as a digital thermostat.
The EdgeStar air conditioner is portable and can be placed just about anywhere. It doesn't require manual draining due in part because the water is exhausted through an air pipe. The only drawback to this machine seems to be the noise. You have to expect some noise when using a portable air conditioner but this machine does seem to be a bit noisy. There is also no timer so you do have to manually shut the machine off and this can pose to be a safety or energy hazard when you are leaving and accidently leave the machine on all day and night. Also, if you are looking for a machine that will cool large rooms or homes, this is probably not the machine you want to use. It does not emit enough power to cool larger rooms. Overall, this is a great portable air conditioner that offers a good bang for your buck. I am pleased with my purchase of the Koldfron air conditioner and would recommend this machine to anyone needed a small portable unit.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews